If you’re experiencing weak signals, dropped calls, or slow speeds, you definitely need to boost your cell phone signal. But, how do all these network problems happen…
Why is my cell signal so bad?
A poor cell phone signal is most commonly caused by three circumstances:
- The distance in which you are situated from a cell tower
- Obstacles (such as trees, buildings, or hills) that are in the way of the cell signal
- Construction related materials that make up the building or vehicle you are situated in
How can I boost my cell phone signal?
Boosting your cell phone signal can be as easy as making minor adjustments to the internal settings in your phone, or ordering a new product for extra support. Much like getting the best battery charge on your phone, most signal boosting techniques can be done in Settings. There are a few handy ways to strengthen your cell service for free, and there are also a few ways to increase your bars for an additional cost. Let’s go over how you can give your cell phone an extra booster in order to get the best service results!
Boost Your Cell Phone Signal For Free!
Here are some easy ways to give your signal a booster for free:
Make sure your cell phone is working well internally
- Perform a software update. These updates are integral in keeping your cell phone up to date with the latest version of performance while keeping you connected to nearby towers. Simply follow the instructions for both Apple or Android devices.
- Turn off any unused services such as WiFi, Bluetooth, and Near-Field Communication (NFC) which can cause problems with call or data interference where bandwidth is in hyper load.
- Turn Airplane Mode on and off. This will prompt your phone to reconnect to your cellular network and strengthen the signals.
- Use WiFi Calling. When you make calls and use data over WiFi, you don’t need to rely on your signal bar strength. Though it’s not necessarily a method to boost your signal, it works in the meantime. Follow the instructions for both Apple or Android devices.
- Reset network settings. If you can’t get your phone to connect to your network, this is the solution you may need to take. Here are the instructions for both Apple and Android devices.
Make sure your cell phone is working well externally
- Check your phone for damage! If your phone is showing signs of weak exterior damage, then that could affect internal network power due to the internal antenna being compromised. Check out Wing’s Device Protection Plans to ensure you’re in tip top tech shape.
- Move around the location you’re in. Head up a floor for stronger signal, move closer to a window for optimum bars (cell signals have tougher times passing through solid walls), or use your phone outside for a bit (only when it’s not freezing cold).
- Reorganize the space you’re in. If your phone is close to larger metal objects or heavy furniture and isn’t getting great signal bars, rearrange the objects as they tend to not allow outside signals to pass through to your cell phone.
Boost Your Cell Phone Signal With An Added Booster!
If you want to go the extra, yet effective, route, you can choose to order an additional cell phone signal booster for your home, business, or vehicle that are permanently installed to fill your space with the strongest network connection. Here are a few examples of cell phone signal boosters that will do the trick:
Best Home Cell Phone Signal Booster – SureCall Fusion4Home
Price: $28/month with Affirm or $299.99
The SureCall Fusion4Home cell phone signal booster for sale includes multiple antennas for versatile signal boosting in your home. Estimated coverage for 5 full bars of service is 3000 square feet. This product boosts talk, text, and 4G LTE data supporting phones and carriers across the board.
Best Business Cell Phone Signal Booster – SureCall Fusion5X 2.0
Price: Starting at $88/month with Affirm or $1399.00
The booming SureCall Fusion5X 2.0 cell phone signal booster for all sized business environments is the more affordable option of business signal boosters that still feature multiple antenna options and pairing with device monitoring and remote admin controls. Estimated coverage for 5 full bars of service is 25,000+ square feet. This product boosts talk, text, and 4G LTE data supporting phones and carriers across the board.
Best Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster – weBoost Drive Reach
Price: Starting at $46/month with Affirm or $499.99
The road warrior weBoost Drive Reach cell phone signal booster is the answer to getting full service bars on long road trips. It has the power to give cell phones great signals while being extremely far away from cell towers, so you can continue staying connected on your deserted drive. This product boosts talk, text, and 4G LTE data supporting phones and carriers across the board.
Why am I getting “No Service” on my cell phone?
Don’t panic! This can happen sometime when connection or service drops unexpectedly. You’re more than able to boost your cell phone signal in no time. As long as there’s no internal problem with your phone’s SIM or there’s no software bug, follow the steps below to get your phone back in working service with bars a plenty:
How To Fix “No Service” For iPhones
- Toggle Airplane Mode. Go to Settings – General – Airplane Mode and turn Airplane Mode on. Wait 5 seconds and turn it off again. This should get your cell phone reconnected to the nearest cell tower.
- Make sure Cellular Data is on. If toggling Airplane Mode didn’t work, go to Settings – Cellular – Cellular Data and make sure it’s turned on. If travelling, switch on Data Roaming by going to Settings – Cellular – Data Roaming.
- Check if your Date and Time are accurate. Interestingly enough, setting the right time zone can impact your phone’s service. Go to Settings – General – Date and Time and turn on “Set Automatically”.
- Restart your iPhone. This can help clear glitches in your phone that occur during programming when antenna signals move around from different towers.
- Remove and reinsert your SIM card. If nothing above worked so far, and your phone includes a physical SIM card, carefully remove it, wipe it with a microfibre cloth, then reinsert it and restart your iPhone. Sometimes dust particles on the SIM can negatively affect your service connection.
- Update iOS. Make sure you have the most updated version of iOS to keep your iPhone at its best network performance. Go to Settings – General – Software Update over your WiFi and install the latest update to get your service kicking again.
- Reset Network Settings. Manually reset Network Settings if nothing else has worked thus far. Go to Settings – General – Reset and choose Reset Network Settings, enter passcode, and tap Reset Network Settings.
- Reset All Settings. The last method to fix “no service” for iPhones is to reset all your phone’s setting without losing any data on your device. Go to Settings – General – Reset All Settings, enter passcode, and tap Reset All Settings.
How To Fix “No Service” For Androids
- Restart the device.
- If that didn’t work, Toggle Airplane Mode. Turn on Airplane Mode for about 30 seconds then turn it off again.
- Manually select the network operator. Go to Settings – Find Mobile Networks – Network Operators. Your Android will scan for all networks available in your area and once you find your network, click on it manually.
- Remove and reinsert your SIM card. If nothing above worked so far, and your phone includes a physical SIM card, carefully remove it, wipe it with a microfibre cloth, then reinsert it and restart your Android. Sometimes dust particles on the SIM can negatively affect your service connection.
After all these tactical methods, we hope we’ve boosted your confidence to boost your cell phone signal. Always remember: you can switch carriers to Wing who has all 4 network towers with expansive coverage across the US!